Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Low light camera suggestions

  1. #1
    Celluloid Retina
    Guest Celluloid Retina's Avatar

    Post

    Hey everyone,

    Can any of you think of a super 8 camera that would be good to use as a back up camera for those situations where there is not much light. So as not to have to resort to Mini DV. Mainly interiors or dusk shots.

    Something with an 'XL' shutter I assume, able to shoot 24fps, decent glass, not a fixed focus and not going to bankrupt me (under ?50, $80).

    Expert opinions welcome,

    Stuart



    ------------------

  2. #2
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    i have had great results with the canon 514XL-s. very quiet too.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, something XL, good glas, with a minimum 1.8 lens, or 1.4 if you can find it...
    But for under $80??
    That's a tough one.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Jean Poirier
    Guest Jean Poirier's Avatar

    Post

    The Canon 310XL (or AF310XL-S)has a 1.0 lens.
    I don't know if you will be able to find one under eighty dollars.

    Good luck.

    Jean


    ------------------

  5. #5
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    The Canon 310XL only shoots at 18fps, not 24fps, which I would not recommend if you have any plans of shooting anything that looks professional.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Jean Poirier
    Guest Jean Poirier's Avatar

    Post

    18 fps, I forgot, my mistake, sorry.

    Jean

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Celluloid Retina
    Guest Celluloid Retina's Avatar

    Post

    Would I be right in assuming that if i could find an 'XL' camera that had sound on it, that I could somehow fool it into thinking there was always a sound cartridge in it and therefore get 24fps?

    Anyone know more about it?

    Stuart

    ------------------

  8. #8
    blackangus1
    Guest blackangus1's Avatar

    Post

    That's not how it works. Most sound cameras have a setting for 24fps, some sound cameras operate only at 18fps, but it's really irrelevant and unrelated to the type of cartridge that's in the camera. If you want to shoot at 24fps, all you need to do is find a camera that supports 24fps.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •